Bet you didn’t know it was American Chocolate Week! Well it is (and yes, American Chocolate Week is an official ‘thing’). And since these seven days have been set aside for appreciating the goodness that is chocolate, we bring you seven ways to celebrate.
- Cadbury eggs are back! Eat them alone or in these cadbury egg brownies from Pixelated Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Flan from Better Homes & Gardens
- Chocolate swirl meringues with nutella whipped cream from Call Me Cupcake!
- Flourless Brownie Cookies from Yammie’s Gluten Freedom. Even if you aren’t gluten free, these sound awesome and use ingredients you probably already have. In other words, no weird gluten free flours.
- Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Smoothie from Something Swanky: A chocolate breakfast that leaves you with less guilt than eating leftover dessert, something both of us are guilty of eating for breakfast on occasion.
- Bailey’s Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie from She Wears Many Hats.
- And of course, all by itself! We recommend Olive and Sinclair (made in Nashville), but there are plenty of other great brands/types to try. Use this week as an excuse to finally duck into that local candy shop or splurge on an interesting candy bar you’ve never tried before. Target, Whole Foods, and World Market all have a great selection.
And if this isn’t enough, check out our previously posted chocolate treats: