Rhubarb isn’t around very long, so make the most of it with these recipes. And check back on Monday – Amy will have a recipe for rhubarb strawberry pie.
- Rhubarb Upside-down Cake from Saveur: I’ve been on a bit of an upside down cake kick lately, mainly because they are pretty easy and perfect for those of us without icing skills. Here the fruit is all the decor you need!
- Rhubarb Tart with Shortbread Crust from Taste of Home: Like the cake above, this tart does not include any other fruits, which is unusual for a rhubarb recipe, so the rhubarb taste really shines.
- Rhubarb Fizz Cocktail from Baked Bree: I love the idea of a rhubarb cocktail! This includes a full cocktail recipe, but it is all built around a rhubarb syrup that you could use to spice up other drinks as well, like a mojito or margarita!
- Bonus: This Rhubarb-Wrapped Cake by Sprinkle Bakes is so beautiful that I had to share.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Ina Garten: I love the combination of rhubarb and strawberries, so this is right up my alley.
- Big Crumb Rhubarb Coffee Cake from Smitten Kitchen: I made this last year and holy cow, it’s amazing!
- Rhubarb Wine from the Rhubarb Compendium: Yes,folks, there is a website completely devoted to rhubarb. And yes, it includes a recipe for rhubarb wine.
- Pickled Rhubarb from Vanilla Garlic: Just to keep things interesting…