2014 was a busy year for both Amy and me. Amy finished her PhD, moved to the Philadelphia area, and has settled into life as a busy professor. My year was a little less dramatic, but I did get laid off, spent the summer pondering my future, then started a new job in August. So there were lots of changes in our personal lives, but good changes. We hope that 2015 will be a little less dramatic, but are excited about the opportunities that the new years holds.
This was also our first full year of blogging! We celebrated our one year anniversary back in June and have enjoyed sharing recipes through all four of the seasons this year. Since the beginning of the year, we have also seen a three-fold increase in the number of monthly visitors to our little blog, so thanks to all of you readers out there who have made this possible! We love hearing from you, and we’re looking forward to another great year in 2015.
We also love year-end lists! So we thought we’d share a few with you:
Our Top 5 Most Popular Posts
- Snowball Cake: A giant version of the classic pastry with marshmallow buttercream.
- Local Dish: The Lexington List: Our favorite places to eat in the heart of the Bluegrass.
- Vegetable Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuit Crust: Comfort food at it’s finest.
- Mixed Berry Almond Hand Pies: Portable pie that’s almost too cute to eat.
- Baked Ziti with Broccoli and Kale: Cheesy pasta, with some vegetables to ease the guilt.
Our Top 5 Most Pinned Posts
- Deviled Eggs for Two: A potluck classic pared down for a great everyday side dish
- Mixed Berry Almond Hand Pie: These were popular!
- Peanut, Pecan, and Pistachio Brittle: An updated take on peanut brittle.
- Cheddar Herb Cornbread Waffles: A savory waffle that’s perfect with a bowl of soup.
- Double Chocolate Hello Dolly Bars: More chocolate is never a bad thing!
Laura’s Top 5 Favorite Recipes
- Italian Soup with White Beans and Greens: My all time favorite soup.
- Grandmas’ Chicken Soup: Best chicken soup I’ve ever had.
- Shiraz Granita: An adult wine slushie! This makes me long for summer.
- Strawberry Pie with Meringue Crust: A great pie to celebrate our one year blog anniversary!
- Blackberry Rosemary Mule: I love a classic Moscow Mule, and this variation was amazing!
Amy’s Top 5 Favorite Recipes
- Butter Chickpeas: An easy Indian dish that regularly shows up on my menu.
- Spicy Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas: Wonderful with fresh corn!
- Cheddar Biscuits: I keep a bag of these stashed in the freezer at all times.
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cream Scones: There is also usually a bag of these in my (clearly very full!) freezer.
- Sweet Potato Blintzes: Great for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, second dinner…