It’s no secret that we love peaches here at The Table. We’ve posted some pretty magical peach recipes here in the past: peach chai scones, peach upside down cake, a peach thyme galette, a peach milkshake, and cream peach pie (still my favorite). But we’ve never posted a savory peach recipe.
Yep, that’s right. Peaches can work their magic in savory recipes, too. This sandwich proves it.
The sandwich was inspired by an article about a pop-up beer garden in Philadelphia that I came a cross a few weeks ago. The article mentioned that the garden would have a rotating menu, including a bacon, smoked gouda, and grilled peach sandwich on a pretzel bun – but it didn’t say when the sandwich would be on the menu. So I decided to create a pop-up beer garden in my own back yard and make the sandwich myself.
The ingredient combination might seem surprising at first, but it’s divine. Trust me. And if you buy the pretzel buns or make your own in advance (using the dough from a recipe like this one**), the sandwich comes together pretty quickly. Grab a cold one, and enjoy!
- 4 pretzel buns
- 12 pieces of bacon, cooked and drained
- 8 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 2 peaches, peeled and cut into slices
- Split the pretzel buns and place a slice of cheese on each half. Toast.
- Meanwhile, grill the peach slices over high heat, turning once they have grill marks in the sides.
- Divide the the bacon and peaches between the buns. Enjoy one of the best sandwiches you'll ever eat!