Lately, Amy and I have been busy; really, really busy. So this means lots of quick and easy meals. That said, we don’t want a boring, quick meal. We want something good that doesn’t take forever to make.
Most of us have a few of these recipes up our sleeves. Things we turn to time and time again. Although, if you are like me, your back pocket meals get boring after awhile! So if you are looking for some new ideas, here are my (Laura’s) favorite fast meals. And if you don’t tell anyone, I bet they won’t notice that they are vegetarian!
- Tex Mex Red Beans and Rice: This has been my fast go to meal since college! Switch up the salsa or throw in some extra veggies for some variety.
- Burrito Bar: This is not really a recipe, but more of a concept. Assemble and chop your favorite burrito toppings. Heat up some canned beans and tortillas and let everyone make their own burrito.
- 30 Minute Vegetarian Tamale Pie: Like the name suggests, this takes just 30 minutes and is great comfort food!
- 30 Minute Baked Ziti: I make this with or without added veggies when I need some classic comfort foods. It’s hard to go wrong with cheesy carbs, especially when it comes together this quickly.
- Frittata: This is our version of breakfast for dinner. A tasty frittata packed with whatever veggies we have handy.